CHOOSING THE RIGHT RELATIONSHIPS

Many of us have made mistakes in choosing our relationships. Relationships come to add, subtract, multiply or divide your life.
There is an old saying “hindsight has 20/20 vision.” What does this mean? It means that it’s always easier to look back and see things clearly that we could not see at all then. It’s so much easier to be wiser about the mistakes we make yesterday than the ones we are in the process of making today.
As believers, we must have the courage to name a relationship and to call it for what it is. We must tell ourselves “this relationship is adding to my life, this one is subtracting from my life, this relationship is multiplying my life, this one is dividing my life.”
It’s important to understand that when God wants to bless you, He will put a person in your life and when Satan wants to curse you he’ll put a person in your life.
God sends people in your life to propel your mission in life and Satan sends people to abort your mission in life.
I believe we must learn to recognize wrong relationships and walk away from them before they destroy us. As a Pastor, one of the hardest things I deal with in the area of relationships is trusting people. I find it difficult to trust people that are connected to untrustworthy people. It is always challenging to know if that person has my best interest at heart. This is one area that God is perfecting in my life.
I wanted to thank my New Life family for my surprise birthday kids-only-party on campus. Amidst the cake cutting, the laughter-filled piƱata swinging, or pin-the-tie on Pastor celebration, I stepped back to thank God for the wonderful multi-generational family relationships we share at New Life.
As I looked around at many of the children, I smiled to think that I have grown to know many of their grandparents; married many of their parents; and personally baptized quite a few of them. I am truly blessed to have such great relationships that add and multiply so much to my life. Seeing all the children reminded me how critical relationships are to our self-development, healing and spiritual growth.
I believe that we must continue to ask God for the discernment to identify right relationships and wrong relationships He has already placed in our lives. Choosing right relationships means to choose right people in our life over wrong people. Right people energize you and wrong people exhaust you. Use the Word of God and guidance from The Holy Spirit to help you make divine connections. I’d like to hear from you about what your experience has been with relationships and what you have learned.
Have a great day peeps
www.fb.com/loltvusa
What do you think is important when choosing relationships? Is there a relationship that God rescued you out of? How do you believe God guides us to the right relationships? How do you cut off a relationship that is not from God? We’d love to hear from you.loltvdotcome@gmail.com

Comments

RATE US

Reviews System WIDGET PACK

Popular Posts